Sunday, August 10, 2008

Do The History

This past weekend, Devin and I were in MTL for the KNOW?SHOW, a skate & lifestyle trade show where we got to see and do a lot of cool shit. Friday night we went to a party in the back of a parking garage which opened up into a room full of collectible vehicles. I'm talking old police motorcycles, and a straight up race car... the kind with the wings on them, not that Ricky Bobbie shit.

Anyway, that night, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a guy with super thick glasses on. Influenced by an open bar and big city mystery, I crept over and said "Hey man, do you always skate the Big O?" He said, "Yeah man," pretty enthusiastically. The conversation went on about skating, and it turns out thick glasses man, a.k.a. Barry Walsh, knew where Sudbury was. I knew this because when I told him I was from there, he said, "Oh yeah, the dime or something?" I said, "Nickel, but close enough."

Enough random dumb talk, check him out skating the Big O, think to yourself how good he is, and then when you actually skate it someday, realize how good he is.

1 comment:

Peter Stankiewicz said...

Barry Walsh once housed my friend Jose for a night while he was wandering montreal with nowhere to sleep. He must be rad.