Saturday, May 17, 2008

Blast from the Past

Ruben Bullock has really made me think about my own skateboarding lately. He's an interesting individual with some almost excessively philosophical views on life, skateboarding, and the connection between them.

In the interview above, he talks about people living in the past, and recreating the past. In contrast to that, I want to present one of the first skate photos I was really proud of. It's from the first few days of the skatepark being open, and it's of everyone's favourite park rat, Potter.

So much has changed since this photo. There's now grass instead of dirt, dirty graffiti covering the ledge, gross fences around the park, and no chance in hell of skating this ledge, which now works better as a lurkers bench. Walter isn't in town to come by to watch on the sidelines and Potter is no longer little boy status, although I think he still wears the same clothes as in this photo. I no longer have the camera setup that took this picture, and I probably wouldn't shoot the same way again. Technology made me lazy.

Without getting all emotional about photographs, here it is.